An activity designed to encourage participants to let their inhibitions go and act like a beetle!
How to Play
- Explain to participants that the group will be playing a game for the duration of the activity, camp, day etc
- Instruct group members that at anytime one person in the group (the ‘beetle’) can call out “Beetle” loudly
- When it is called players must quickly fall onto their backs, kick their legs and wave their arms like a beetle that has fallen and cannot get up
- The last person to assume the position becomes the new beetle – this is judged by the current ‘beetle’ who remains standing on the call
- At the beginning of the activity, please instruct players to call ‘beetle’ in a safe and appropriate area
- Ideal activity to play on bushwalks, snow camps or activities where players are constantly on their feet